Mark began his career as a real estate investor. In 1974 he turned that avocation into a vocation, and became a commercial investment specialist and shortly thereafter, became a branch manager for the brokerage company that was later acquired by Merrill Lynch.
Together with D.F. "Buz" Heuchan, now retired, Mark formed Klein & Heuchan in 1983. The firm limits its practice to commercial real estate brokerage. Those functions include acquisition and disposition, asset management, consulting, tenant and buyer representation and site selection.
Through the years, Mark has been honored by his peers with many awards:
- The "National Commercial Alliance's National Award" 2008
- The National Real Estate Investor calls these winners "The Best of the Best"
- The "Henry Blanton Lifetime Achievement Award" 2007
- The Florida Gulf Coast Commercial Association of Realtors (FGCAR) 2006 Broker of the Year.
- FGCAR's Pinnacle Awards:
- 2012 #1 Top Producer - Retail
- 2012 #2 Top Producer - Office
- 2012 #3 Top Producer - Investment
- 2011 #3 Top Producer - Retail
- 2010 #1 Top Producer - General Brokerage
- 2010 #2 Top Producer - Office
- 2010 #3 Top Producer - Retail
- 2009 Top Producer - General Brokerage
- 2009 Retail Deal of the Year
- 2008 Top Producer - Investment
- 2008 Top Producer - Land
- 2008 Top Producer - Retail
- 2007 Top Producer - Office
- 2006 Top Producer - General Brokerage
- 2006 Top Producer - Office and 2006 Top Producer - Retail
- 2006 Deal of the Year - Retail
- 2005 CCIM 25 Years of Service Award
- 2004 Top Producer - General Brokerage
A strong believer in education, Mark has a BS in management from Fairleigh Dickinson University. After acquiring his broker's license, he took the courses necessary to earn the coveted CCIM designation and became a designee in 1982, becoming the 1,482nd designee in the country.
Mark is routinely called upon to speak as a guest lecturer or serve as an expert witness and is often used as a court ordered receiver.
Mark has an uncanny knack for sensing real estate opportunities and has spent years helping clients participate in group investing, which has allowed those who have limited investment dollars to participate in larger real estate projects. Mark specializes in acquisition and disposition of commercial properties, asset management, site selection work, as well as lender property work-outs.
Mark has been a founding director of the Florida Gulf Coast Association of Commercial Realtors, and is a past president of the organization, a director of the Clearwater Association of Realtors and its Realtor of the Year in 1992. He has been a director of Premier Community Bank, an organizing director of USAmeriBank, a director of Mease Hospital Board of Trustees, a director of the Morton Plant Mease Hospital Foundation, a director of the Jewish Federation of Pinellas County, and director of Temple B'Nai Israel's Board of Trustees.